Bacon is good for your waistline (and won’t kill you)
According to health and fitness guru Mina Yun:
1) Bacon fat is 50% monunsaturated (the same kind as olive oil), and has antioxidants that are more powerful than vitamin E.
2) Bacon from pastured pigs that forage in the sun is also a good source of vitamin D.
3) Bacon is high in saturated fat and cholesterol, but that doesn’t matter because there’s nothing wrong with saturated fat and cholesterol. (read: “The Cholesterol Myths” by Uffe Ravnskoff.)
4) Bacon’s high-fat content keeps you satisfied and levels out your blood sugar, which will keep you from eating that donut later on, which will help you lose weight.
5) Sodium nitrite – a traditional curing salt for bacon, as well as a growing health concern – might not be such a bad thing, afterall.
6) Not all bacon is created equal. Choose wisely.
Don’t believe it? Read Mina’s post here: